Request for features and package maintainer

Bret Busby bret.busby at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 21:23:49 BST 2018

On 25/09/2018, Harriet Bazley <lists at bazleyfamily.co.uk> wrote:
> On 21 Sep 2018 as I do recall,
>           Bret Busby  wrote:
>
> [snip]
>

>> 1. with displayed images, when clicked with the non-dominant mouse
>> button, some other browsers include two options that NetSurf does not
>> include, in the menu that is thence displayed; "Open image in new tab
>> (and, some other browsers also have "Open image in new window")", and,
>> "Save image as.."
>

> I don't know about Linux, but the RISC OS version offers all those options
> via the normal context-sensitive menu: bring up the menu over an image, and
> the second entry on the menu ('Object') offers the submenu options of Save
> (original image), Export (in native RISC OS graphics format), Save location
> (in various formats) and Reload [image].
>
> (Do the same thing over an HTML link and the Object submenu offers a
> different series of options....)
>
> I don't think there is a menu/key option to open one image on a page in an
> individual new window, but under RISC OS using the Save option to drop the
> image back into a Netsurf window or its iconbar icon (or any other image
> display application) has this effect anyway.
>
> --
> Harriet Bazley                     ==  Loyaulte me lie ==
>
>      If you're feeling good, don't worry.  You'll get over it.

Which version is that?

The version that I am running, is 3.2, which, as I believe that I have
previously mentioned, is the latest version provided in the Ubuntu
Linux packages respositories, for Ubuntu Linux v16.04.x .

RISC OS sems to have vdifferent versions and fubxctionalities of NetSurf.

--

Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."