launching a PDF from a link

Gavin Wraith gavin at wra1th.plus.com
Thu Jun 28 21:20:50 BST 2018

In message <570f5c0542tim at timil.com>
          Tim Hill <tim at timil.com> wrote:

>In article <f7f9420f57.ricp at user.minijem.plus.com>, Richard Porter
><ricp at minijem.plus.com> wrote:

>I'm expecting to find a utility somewhere which will monitor a specific
>folder and filer_run anything saved there but having no luck so far.

Talk of monitoring implies something that runs as a task and which
stores the state of the folder and only acts when it notes that the
state has changed. For a lot less effort you could have a utility
that you start yourself, say by doubleclicking on its icon,
that simply filer_runs whatever appropriate stuff it finds in the folder.
But maybe the whole point of what you are looking for is that it
acts automatically without the user having to start it?

--
Gavin Wraith (gavin at wra1th.plus.com)
Home page: http://www.wra1th.plus.com/