Paypal and eBay

Harriet Bazley lists at orange.wingsandbeaks.org.uk
Fri Oct 28 12:57:34 BST 2016

On 24 Oct 2016 as I do recall,
          Harriet Bazley  wrote:

[snip]

> I can't seem to access the Paypal transactions at all, even using
> the old workaround of the 'classic' Paypal site or by using the direct
> transaction link from the eBay listing.   I'm just getting a blank page,
> which makes it rather difficult to print off shipping labels and very
> difficult to know what my current balance is!
>
> Has something changed recently?

Turning JavaScript *off* seems to help - I can then access my transaction
history using the old link of
https://history.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_history , having done the
'invisible log-in', which has been an issue for a long time (it logs you in,
but appears not to have done so since it reopens the log-in screen
afterwards).

The elements that retain the cgi-bin links still seem to work;
unfortunately a lot of the internal links have been changed/redirected to
point to the new site, which seems to be entirely JS-driven and shows blank
pages.   Thus I can *add* money to Paypal from my bank account
("?cmd=_flow"), but can't withdraw it
("www.paypal.com/myaccount/home/withdraw")!

--
Harriet Bazley                     ==  Loyaulte me lie ==

Life, don't talk to me about life....