CSS and "media query" -- smartphone vs desktop

Vincent Sanders vince at netsurf-browser.org
Tue Oct 25 11:14:01 BST 2016

On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 10:47:45AM +0100, Jim Nagel wrote:
> Any chance of Netsurf's CSS handling being extended a bit to support
> "media query"?

It has been on our list of "important" things to do for some
considerable time now. We know what needs to be done and how [1] but
as usual development time is limited and noone has yet had time to
work on the feature.

> Reason I ask is that I want to rejig my various websites (including
> Archive's) so that (among other things) they will be readable on
> smartphone screens as well as desktop screens.
>
> I gather that the "media query" in CSS would make it possible to have
> a single design to which the end-browser will respond accordingly --
> this would be much more elegant than having separate code for each
> target possibility.

it affects an increasingly large number of websites so its importance
as a feature is rising.

[1] note this has some bad language http://wiki.netsurf-browser.org/Css_media_queries

--
Regards Vincent