bad formatting of news page

Jim Nagel netsurf at abbeypress.co.uk
Wed Mar 30 00:20:52 BST 2016

What is it about the formatting of my local newspaper's web pages?

Netsurf shows the main column of text so narrow that every line
requires horizontal scrolling.  Typical example:
http://www.centralsomersetgazette.co.uk/Baily-s-costs-dream-revive-2-000-jobs-Morland-s/story-28054944-detail/story.html

I find the least painful way to read the story is to save the whole
page as text and then read the textfile.

Has the website programmer made some inept setting in the stylesheet
(CSS), or is Netsurf making some mistake or interpreting something too
literally?

I presume browsers such as Firefox show what the designer intended.

--
Jim Nagel                        www.archivemag.co.uk