Filtering webpages

lists Stuartlists at orpheusinternet.co.uk
Tue Jan 26 21:40:25 GMT 2016

In article <4ee4134855.gavin at wra1th.plus.com>,
   Gavin Wraith <gavin at wra1th.plus.com> wrote:
> I seem to remember using a browser on an Acorn machine, many years ago,
> that gave you the option of not displaying images unless you
> specifically clicked on the icon that the browser used to indicate a
> missing image.

Fresco

I still have it on this Kinetic. The display menu had the following
options, which could be ticked or not as required

No Pictures
Antialias
Document colours  (could turn off background colours to make content more
                   visible)
Frames
Tables
Stop animations   (There was a particular website I recall that had a
                  black background with flashing "stars". It was horrid but
                  the flashing could be turned off with this option)
Set width
Controls          (Buttons, URL bar, Status)

--
Stuart Winsor

Tools With A Mission
sending tools across the world