NetSurf 3.2 released

Tim Powys-Lybbe tim at powys.org
Tue Sep 2 08:58:59 BST 2014

On 2 Sep at 8:16, Rob Kendrick <rjek at netsurf-browser.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 01, 2014 at 09:21:51PM +0100, Tim Powys-Lybbe wrote:
> > On 1 Sep at 18:42, Michael Drake <tlsa at netsurf-browser.org> wrote:
> >
> > > The NetSurf developers are happy to announce NetSurf 3.2. This
> > > release contains many bug fixes and improvements.
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> > Regrettably it still does not work on VRPC on a Mac.  For all
> > web-sites it gives a browser time-out message after 10000 (or so)
> > milliseconds.
>
> <snip>
>
> > What can I do now?
>
> Sadly, the options are limited to "buy a developer a Mac and a licence
> to VRPC and hope they can find the problem" and "use RPCEmu instead".

That is easy.  I have an old Mac, my spare lest my main one breaks down,
that is equipped with a VRPC licence and works well, though old.  It has
the latest Mac operating system.

I am prepared to lend it to someone who will work on this problem and
return the machine within six months.  I could deliver it to an address
within, say, 100 miles from London.

Who will volunteer to do this work?

Tim Powys-Lybbe                                           tim at powys.org
             for a miscellany of bygones: http://powys.org/