Hotlist truncation/corruption

Peter Young pnyoung at ormail.co.uk
Thu Nov 22 12:41:41 GMT 2012

On 22 Nov 2012  Tony Moore <old_coaster at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> On 22 Nov 2012, Daniel Silverstone <dsilvers at netsurf-browser.org> wrote:
>> On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 10:43:24AM +0000, Tony Moore wrote:

>>> What was the first #number of this change?
>>
>> I do not recall.  It was done not long after the hack weekend

> That, I believe, was 3-4 Nov 2012.

> Using RO6.20:

> When quitting NetSurf #600 (5 Nov 2012), it consistently re-writes my
> Hotlist as a 90K file.

> When quitting NetSurf #659 (18 Nov 2012), it consistently re-writes my
> Hotlist as an 89K file.

> The difference in file-lengths seems to be caused by #600 writing &amp;
> whereas #659 writes & , however I can't persuade either NetSurf version
> to truncate the Hotlist.

Whereas with #665 and RISC OS 5.19 on an ARMini, while I did have the
file truncated a while ago, it doesn't seem to be happening now. Not,
at least, till the fairy dust that a friend is sure inhabits all
computers sees this message :-)

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter   \  /      zfc Ta     \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
and      \/ __            __  \                              England.
        /  \__/ \_/ | \| \__/   \______________ pnyoung at ormail.co.uk