Riscos Netsurf downloads

Anthony Hilton ajh at tinshill.f9.co.uk
Sat Oct 23 17:53:26 BST 2010

In message <4CC30C2B.30807 at elecdrum.com>
          Kenpvr <ken at elecdrum.com> wrote:

> I am new to riscos and Netsurf so this could just be ignorance on my part.
> I am trying to download makemodes.arc from the acorn site but netsurf
> simply displays the whole file instead of giving me the download box
> which it does do for a .zip file.
> Is this a riscos configuration thing or Netsurf.

Probably a web server configuration thing. The file is sent as a text
file so the browser displays it.

You can either save the page with the filename you have downloaded, or
shift-click on the link to get a save box immediately, and then change
the filetype to the correct one for the type of archive it is.

Anthony

--
Anthony Hilton
ajh at tinshill.f9.co.uk