NetSurf partly works on the BeagleBoard

John-Mark Bell jmb at netsurf-browser.org
Mon Mar 1 21:54:42 GMT 2010

On Mon, 2010-03-01 at 21:31 +0000, Dave Higton wrote:
> I don't know if anyone else has tried it, but I have... NetSurf
> r9799 on a BeagleBoard renders my (text only) web site!

Good. We've been compiling with GCC4 for quite some time, which ensures
that the code is automatically ARMv7 compatible. It occurs to me that
noone's actually verified that the one bit of assembler (the Artworks
binding) in the NetSurf sources is ARMv7 ready. Perhaps someone with an
interest might take a look.

> It falls over on the BBC News site a fraction of a second after
> first drawing the window.  I've caught a log and I'll attempt a
> bug report.

Most likely, it's exploding in Tinct, which is not ARMv7 ready.
Unfortunately, we are not in a position to fix this as we don't have
access to the sources for that module.

John.