no logfile after crash

Jim Nagel netsurf at abbeypress.co.uk
Wed Nov 25 22:56:45 GMT 2009

my RiscPC (4.39) crashed a few minutes ago, upon my trying to save a
graphic out of Netsurf r9704.  everything froze: menu remained on
screen but mouse and keyboard did nothing, had to resort to power
switch.

perhaps it was the memory-gobbling thing again: Netsurf had been in
use (ie, without quit and reload) for the past 24 hours or so, and my
free-ram indicator was down to about 20M last time i noted (machine
has total 128M); perhaps this action pushed it to tipping point.

anyway, after rebooting and before reloading Netsurf, i went to save
its logfile from the crashed session.

but there is no logfile.  is this normal, or has something strange
happened?

--
Jim Nagel                        www.archivemag.co.uk