Web site downloads section

John-Mark Bell jmb at netsurf-browser.org
Wed Jan 7 19:39:43 GMT 2009

On Wed, 7 Jan 2009, Brian Jordan wrote:

> The "Development builds" link in
> http://www.netsurf-browser.org/documentation/info#GettingNetSurf
>
> leads to a "Page not found" error page. This is similar to an error in
> the internal help documentation which I reported to the webmaster
> recently.

I can't comment on the issue on the online site as I've not looked. As for
the offline documentation, that's generated automagically by the build
system. It also rewrites URLs so that they make sense in an offline
context. Unfortunately, this is currently achieved by a hairy mass of
regular expressions which sometimes get it wrong. Ideally the whole URL
rewriting stuff needs re-engineering. If someone wants to have a go,
they're most welcome. All that's needed is a little knowledge of Perl.

Alternatively wait for one of us (probably me) to get around to it. That
could be some time.

John.