Possibly off-topic for this list but....

Rob Kendrick rjek at netsurf-browser.org
Fri Nov 21 11:31:56 GMT 2008

On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 11:28:41 +0000 (GMT)
Paul Vigay <lists-nospam at vigay.com> wrote:

> I've just installed OpenSSL on my test server so that I can create a
> WebMail system which runs via https instead of normal http.
>
> This is at http://webmail.vigay.com/
>
> Now NetSurf is asking about the validity of the security certificate
> on the server. I suspect this is because it's a self-signed
> certificate, so I was wondering if anyone knows enough about OpenSSL
> to know if this is something I can configure on the server, or just
> something I have to put up with because it's self-signed (the latter
> of which appears to be the case, judging from my brief Google search).

If you were able to configure your server to prevent the client
producing the warning, they'd be no point in having certificates at
all :)

Your options are;
	1) Buy a certified SSL certificate,
	2) Create your own signing authority, and put its certificate
	   in !NetSurf/Resources/ca-bundle,
	3) Don't use HTTPS.

B.