Changing the colour in Google lists when it has been read.

Richard Porter ricp at minijem.plus.com
Sat Jun 7 09:43:32 BST 2008

On 7 Jun 2008 John-Mark Bell wrote:

> It's all the same issue -- namely that the :visited pseudo class is not
> currently supported. All NetSurf's rendering is implemented in terms of
> CSS, regardless of where the styling came from.

I wouldn't argue with that, but I'd have started off with the browser
default choices and then the body tag colours at the top of the
cascade. That is presumably what the pseudo classes will eventually
do.

What is a real problem is that the bgcolor attribute is acted on (and
text) but not the link colours. Therefore if you visit a page with a
blue background the text links are invisible.

A lot of web authors and html editors don't help by setting some
attributes in html and others in CSS, which causes similar problems
with browsers that don't support CSS. The only get-out is to have an
option to ignore document colours altogether (for which there is a
feature request).

--
 _
|_|. _   Richard Porter               http://www.minijem.plus.com/