WML support.

Jess Hampshire jesshampshire at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 6 09:10:43 BST 2007

In message <3881482d4f.druck at druck.freeuk.net>
          "David J. Ruck" <druck at druck.org.uk> wrote:

> On 5 Oct 2007 Jess Hampshire <groups at jess.itworkshop-nexus.net> wrote:
>
>> In message <60051b2d4f.druck at druck.freeuk.net>
>>           "David J. Ruck" <druck at druck.org.uk> wrote:
>
>>> You mean open up the tiny fraction of sites which provide an
>
>> The question is how tiny that fraction is. And how many are useful
>> sites we are normally locked out of either by lack of plug-ins,
>> javascript or processor power?
>
> Quite frankly if this was the only prostect of accessing such sites,
> I'd go straight out an buy an x86 box to run FireFox on natively.

It wouldn't be would it? Just an light weight alternative.

> If you even have to contemplate using a flawed and failed system for
> five year old mobile phones on a desktop computer, then you really
> have to question the point of continuing with RISC OS whatsoever.

I don't see this as a RISC OS specific.

To be honest I dislike sites which rely on javascript. I dislike
monster sites full of bloat. If there is an alternative way of getting
the information quickly, I would like the option (whatever platform
I'm using).

If a site offers a choice between a plain site and a bloat site, I'll
usually take the plain one.

--
Jess
 http://jess.itworkshop-nexus.net