[Netsurf-develop] Fresco extras

Rob Kendrick rjek at netsurf-browser.org
Wed Apr 4 11:51:31 BST 2007

On Wed, 2007-04-04 at 11:16 +0100, Colin Ferris wrote:
>  With ref to Fresco extras & ideas
>
> 1) When a file is saved Page -> View source
>    the file is loaded into 'say'  StrongEd
>    If your change something 'say' a word - and press F3 (save) this
>    causes Fresco to update the page automatically.

This is a common request, but I doubt it will be in 1.0.  Perhaps in a
version after that.  I can't spot this on the BTS's wish list.  If you
could add it, that would be great.

> 2) Some web sites come with some very garish background/writing colour
>    combinations - hard for me to read :-(
>    In Fresco there is an option - Display -> Document colours - if
>    switched off - you end up with white background/black text.

This might be tricky to implement due to CSS complexities, but again it
would have to wait until after 1.0 if it were implemented.  This is
already on the bug tracking system's wishlist.

> 3) For those on DialUp or Broadband limited download - would it be
>    possible to have a seperate directory of sprites containing pictures
>    that are reused in sites like 'Drobe'?
>    ie just ones that are reused - not them all.

Do you mean keep a cache of images used on websites?  If so, NetSurf
already does this (and infact images are the only thing it does cache.)
I assume an overhaul of the caching system is on the cards, but again it
will have to wait until after 1.0.

B.