[Netsurf-develop] Writables

Richard Porter ricp at minijem.plus.com
Tue Sep 12 22:55:59 BST 2006

On 12 Sep 2006 brian <brian at adam.co.nz> wrote:

> On 13 Sep, Richard Porter <ricp at minijem.plus.com> wrote:
>
>> > When I drag a text string imto a NetSurf displayed  writable box, the
>> > action opens another window or frame. This is repeatable. And has been
>> > a dissapointment for some time.

[snip]

>> > Is there a way of preventing this unhelpful reaction?
>
>> I use the following workaround: Open an Edit file and type some text
>> to set the file type, then drag your text into the edit window, select
>> it and save the selection into your writable box.
>
> I didn't get this. Maybe it's Edit-specific.

Sorry, what I meant is open an !Edit window and type some text. I
don't know if this would work with !Zap or !StrongED but !Edit doesn't
set the file type until you either type some text into the window or
drop or paste something into it. In the last two cases the file type
is inherited from the source. Once established, the file type stays
the same.

With the current version of NS this is only necessary if I want to
paste some text from some non-text source into the address field as
described in my previous post.

--
 _
|_|. _   Richard Porter               http://www.minijem.plus.com/