[Netsurf-develop] netsurf security

John-Mark Bell jmb202 at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue May 23 00:31:15 BST 2006

On Mon, 22 May 2006, M.I. Abdullah wrote:

> I am trying to use webmail  to fetch email from our university server
> (ethernet connection) and NetSurf. I am unable to login due to lack of
> security of NetSurf. Apparently user name and password are passed
> unscrambled which is not allowed here. Is there any secure shell or
> similar for the excellent and very fast (on the Iyonix) browser. Will be
> very grateful for any suggestion

Assuming you mean https://webmail.uio.no/ then it requires SSL, which the
full build of NetSurf has supported for a very long time. However, I
believe SquirrelMail is known not to work with NetSurf due to the way we
currently handle cookies. Additionally, NetSurf's cookie handling is
completely broken at present.

John.