[Netsurf-develop] ill rendered chelsea football clubsite

Ian Patterson hagley4930 at yahoo.com
Mon May 1 01:33:37 BST 2006

Well, I`m a fan, and I call it soccer (a British word).

Chika <miyuki at crashnet.org.uk> wrote:
On 29 Apr, David W Mills  wrote:

> Using
> Iyonix RO 5.11 with NetSurf 22nd April

> Haven't yet downloaded NetSurf 26 April

> Trying to view the site at

> http://www.chelseafc.com/index.asp

> I find it mess....Any particular reasons?

Probably because the designer used a design package and never bothered to
test it with a good cross section of browsers, let alone a validator.

Funnily enough, I attended a lecture on website accessibility (most
councils have had to go through this because of HMG regs about
accessibility of .gov.uk websites. Pity HMG doesn't do more to follow its
own guidelines really!) and football websites were commonly used as
examples of how NOT to write a website. Obviously, Chelsea didn't want to
feel left out!

> PS Not a soccer fan ..just researching for school!

Obviously not, or you wouldn't call it "soccer". ;)

--
 //\  // Chika
//  \//  Guess what? Google *doesn't* own Usenet! Boycott Google now!

... So many lawyers, so few bullets.

Ian J. Patterson
StrongARM RISC PC,  ANT Fresco, Yahoo! Mail
Railways, Music, Computing