[Netsurf-develop] Default opening window size

Steve Fryatt lists at stevefryatt.org.uk
Sun Mar 12 21:47:26 GMT 2006

On 12 Mar, Tim Hill wrote in message
  <4e069cb62ftim at timil.com>:

> In article <33de96064e.James at ntlworld.com>,
>    James Scholes <james.r.scholes at ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
> > Even without these complications I, for one, can't understand why
> > anyone would want to move away from the window they're using just to
> > set its position: what if its position is the on the other side of the
> > screen to the NetSurf iconbar icon? What if it's on another monitor
> > altogether? That seems a lot of unnecessary effort to me.
>
> I for one can understand why. "Choices" is only available from the
> icon-bar menu. Perhaps choices should itself be accessible from the
> Window's 'NetSurf' menu.

No it shoudn't, because the choices are an application-wide resource and
not related to a specific window.  Therefore choices live in the iconbar
menu -- that's what it's for.

The window position bit is an exception, as you're saying "take the
position of /this/ window and make it the default".  Having this in the
document (window) menu makes a lot more sense than putting it in the
application-wide iconbar menu, because you're asking NetSurf to do
something with a specific window.

--
Steve Fryatt - Leeds, England

http://www.stevefryatt.org.uk/