[Netsurf-develop] Default opening window size

Richard Porter ricp at minijem.plus.com
Sat Mar 11 16:01:47 GMT 2006

On 11 Mar 2006 Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim at powys.org> wrote:

> In message of 11 Mar, John-Mark Bell <jmb202 at ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:
>
>> You need to position and size a NetSurf window, then open the menu
>> over that window and choose "Utilities->Window->Set as default
>> position". This will remember the position and size and use them for
>> future windows.
>>
>> The option "Display->Set as default" instructs NetSurf to remember the
>> display settings used /within/ that window. (scale factor, toolbars
>> present etc) It does not remember the position and size of the window,
>> hence the confusion elsewhere in this thread.
>
> Thanks.  Two points:
>
> First should this not be in Choices?
>
> Second it does not store the "Default" settings very well.  If I close
> down Netsurf they are then lost on my Iyonix.

Thanks John. I think the confusion arises from the design of the menus
which is not entirely logical. The "Utilities" option shouldn't really
be there. "Hotlist" and "History" should be in the "Navigate" menu and
"Window" should be in the "Display" menu. That just leaves "Find text"
which can be an option in the main menu. Instead of two separate "Set
as default" options there should just be one "Save settings" option in
the "Display" menu, and possibly a "Restore defaults" option.

--
 _
|_|. _   Richard Porter               http://www.minijem.plus.com/
|\_||_                                mailto:ricp at minijem.plus.com