[Netsurf-develop] Link causes hang

Adam lists at snowstone.org.uk
Mon Sep 19 21:46:53 BST 2005

On 19 Sep, John-Mark Bell <jmb202 at ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Sep 2005, Adam wrote:
>
> > > which any sensible browser will offer for download (typed as data)).
> >
> > And I've added the line:
> > local MimeMap file and the file is happily presented as an Absolute.
>
> Well yes. Except, of course, that application/octet-stream doesn't mean
> it's an absolute file; it simply means that it's arbitrary binary
> data[1].

Ah well - I guess trial and error can only get you so far... Would there be
a better way to acheive my goal? (E.g. clicking on the link presents an
Absolute file to save.)

> Therefore you really do want to map it to Data(&ffd). I'm surprised your
> MimeMap file didn't already have such an entry.

Yes it does, I added an extra entry. I used to have an entry something like
  application/ff8 <tab> Absolute <tab> .ff8
which worked with Fresco - but I guess more by luck than anything else!

> 1. http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2046.txt Section 4.5.1

Oh. I guess I'll try and plow through that at some point.

Thanks,
Adam

--
Adam Richardson          Carpe Diem