[Netsurf-develop] Re: global history 'last week'

John-Mark Bell jmb202 at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Mar 25 11:40:12 GMT 2005

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005, tony moore wrote:

> On 23 Mar 2005, Dr Peter Young wrote
>
> > On 23 Mar 2005  tony moore <old_coaster at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> >

> > >By definition, 'the weekend' = Saturday + Sunday
> > >so 'Last week' should end on Sunday, not Saturday?
> >
> > Traditionally, Sunday was the /first/ day of the week
>
> Maybe, but since we are living in the present I am suggesting
> that NetSurf should follow current secular usage.

At present, NetSurf makes calls to UnixLib whose underlying implementation
uses the RISC OS Territory system to work out the names of the days. If
you have an issue with this, then your problem is with the RISC OS UK
Territory defining day 1 to be Sunday. As every other RISC OS application
which handles dates should also be using the Territory system to do so, I
can't really see what the problem is (aside from the fact that the
Territory system is hideously awful, of course ;).

John.