[Netsurf-develop] Window behaviour (was: History - more or less)

Jeremy C B Nicoll Jeremy at omba.demon.co.uk
Tue Mar 22 19:27:25 GMT 2005

In article <001301c52ecc$c50eba50$0100a8c0 at tinct>,
   Richard Wilson <info at tinct.net> wrote:
> Jeremy C B Nicoll <Jeremy at omba.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> > Incodentally I'd quite like the NetSurf menu's Help -> Interactive Help
> > option not to have !Help hardcoded.  It'd be better if users could
> > define the name of their favourite !Help display utility...

>  NetSurf already automatically detects if *any* interactive help
> system is running (you did actually try this out before posting
> here, didn't you?)

Yes.  It started !Help, which I didn't want to see because !Float was
already active.  I just tried that again and the same thing happened.

How does NS decide if a help utility is active?

> Having a configuration about what file to run to launch a help
> application is simply going to cause trouble later on (applications
> moving etc.)

Yes I realise it's not a good solution, but all you'd actually need is
to allow users to drag the utility concerned to a NS config window and
NS could check the app existed on the path concerned and generate a
suitable error message if not.