[Netsurf-develop] Netsurf disappears without warning in the middle of text entry

Steve Turnbull steve at theturnbulls.fsworld.co.uk
Sun Mar 13 23:51:25 GMT 2005

In message <4d4b1f12dbJeremy at omba.demon.co.uk>
          Jeremy C B Nicoll <Jeremy at omba.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> In article <544b124b4d.peter at chocky.org>,
>    Peter Naulls <peter at chocky.org> wrote:
>
> >  In message <203c104b4d.stuart at Cybervillage.co.uk>
> >           Stuart Halliday <stuart at cybervillage.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > > But if there was an added Toolbox function to allow this to happen it
> > > would bring great benefits to *every* app that uses the TextGadget?
>
> > > About time RISC OS had a decent intergrated spell checker that could be
> > > used by every app.
>
> > It has one.
>
> [...]
>
> Is there by any chance a central RO SWI (set) that any app could use to
> request a spelling check?

[casually] I wrote a spec for a central spelling and grammar checking API
once ... I seem to recall getting short shrift from someone who sold one of
these spelling checkers when I suggested it might be a good idea.

BTW: Thanks to everyone who helped on my LateX/PDF problem, I got the editing
job.

--
Steve Turnbull (steve at theturnbulls(dot)fsworld(dot)co(dot)uk)

... "Frankly, Scallop, I Don't Give a Clam