[Netsurf-develop] Netsurf disappears without warning in the middle of text entry

Jeremy C B Nicoll Jeremy at omba.demon.co.uk
Sun Mar 13 18:41:34 GMT 2005

In article <544b124b4d.peter at chocky.org>,

>  In message <203c104b4d.stuart at Cybervillage.co.uk>
>           Stuart Halliday <stuart at cybervillage.co.uk> wrote:

> > But if there was a added Toolbox function to allow this to happen
> > it would bring great benefits to *every* app that uses the
> > TextGadget?

> > About time RISC OS had a decent intergrated spell checker that
> > could be used by every app.

> It has one.

One?  I know of several, though I suppose it depends on what you mean
by "decent" and "integrated".  David Pilling provides

a) MicroSpell
b) !Spell
c) dictionary support used by !CrossStar and OvationPro (and maybe
   other things?)  As far as I know these are not the same as !Spell.

I have a feeling that Beebug once sold something as well.

There's also the CC !SpellMod module supplied with Impression Junior
and used in StrongED.

I have no idea how easy it is to integrate any of these with arbitrary
other applications.  Is there by any chance a central RO SWI (set) that
any app could use to request a spelling check?  I presume that none of
the current facilities support foreign languages well, or UniCode.