[Netsurf-develop] Font info request

John-Mark Bell jmb202 at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat Mar 5 00:38:13 GMT 2005

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005, John Cartmell wrote:

> [Apologies to the team for the following but Peter relies on intimidation
> to get the last word; I really don't want his negative message to stand
> uncontested]

If you're going to continue to present opinion as fact in this manner,
then please take it to email. There's enough traffic on this list already
without the need for cheap shots.

> On 04 Mar, Peter Naulls <peter at chocky.org> wrote:
>
> >  In message <4d45c7d128john at cartmell.demon.co.uk>
> >           John Cartmell <john at cartmell.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > [snip lots and lots of pointless comments]

> > > Beg to differ.
>
> > John, just this once - shut up.  We don't care
> [Snip]
>
> I do care. That's the difference between us. The Netsurf team are doing a
> great job and deserve feedback.

Yes, _useful_ feedback, not wishy washy statements along the lines of
"something's broken, it's your fault". If you can't at least follow the
basic issue reporting guidelines in the documentation, then I for one
would rather not have the feedback at all. If it's a big enough issue,
it's likely someone else (who can be bothered to follow the guidelines,
at least to some extent) will point it out.

> Whilst your repeated interruptions in various places are almost
> invariably negative I will continue to support, argue, and praise the
> damned good work that RISC OS developers do.

Wasting my time by nitpicking over trivial issues and not clarifying your
statements when asked is hardly a good example of that. Nor is your
continued inability to submit a sensible bug report. As for what
constitutes a good bug report, I can't put it more concisely than the
guidelines included in the documentation. Here's a direct link, if you're
unable to find them:

  http://netsurf.sourceforge.net/info#Bugs

John.