[Netsurf-develop] Website Improvements

John-Mark Bell jmb202 at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Mar 4 14:34:47 GMT 2005

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005, Richardson Adam wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I've been reading some old posts and have noticed that there have been some
> comments that people don't read the download page properly. (
> http://netsurf.sourceforge.net/builds/ )
>
> Might I suggest that the design of that page could be improved. On both
> 800x600 and 1024x768 the screen is filled by the download links (here, at
> least) with no indication that any other action is needed. Also, the last
> bit of info on the visible page is "only of interest to developers" so it's
> not that surprising that some people don't look further down the page.

We discussed this. I forget what the outcome was.

> On a slightly seperate note, how come only a portion on the dependencies are
> noted on the page? What about CallASWI, DrawFile and MimeMap?

Good question. Mimemap isn't easily available (and should be installed
anyway on any remotely recent OS version). The publically downloadable
Drawfile module is well out of date (and only needed on RO <=3.5).
CallASWI should be linked, at least.

John.