[Netsurf-develop] Starting Netsurf

Stuart Halliday stuart at cybervillage.co.uk
Wed Jan 5 11:46:38 GMT 2005

>> You don't understand human nature.
>
> Its pretty clear I dont understand your nature. You saved yourself perhaps
> 15 seconds by not reading the download page, which then cost you several
> hours in order to get an answer from this mailing list.

It wasn't me.

> But you then
> continued to waste everybodies time with ever more stupid suggestions
> generating 22 replies over 2 days, and no doubt will keep at it long after
> any sense has prevailed.

I thought I was just expressing my opinion.

> And when another application requires a more recent version, and it cant
> be loaded because a previously run application loaded a old copy from
> within itself?

I wasn't aware of that.

I thought only modules like clib had this problem.

I thought most 3rd party modules could be upgraded on the fly.

> No, what it says is you've made a mistake, and are no acting in an ever
> more
> ridiculously fashion to try to justify that mistake.

> Frankly its taking the piss out of the NetSurf developers who put
> thousands of unpaid hours in to
> this product, and now you are screaming murder because you couldn't be
> bothered reading a web page.

I'm not screaming at anyone. You've mistaken me for someone else.
I didn't raise the issue.

> Do yourself a favour and drop this now, before you annoy every RISC OS
> developer.

I just see a user problem that has gone on for years untouched.
I don't mean to anger ppl and I thought I was just passing on my viewpoint.

Some programmers get so upset over nothing IMHO.

--
Stuart Halliday