[Netsurf-develop] Is there an answer to this?

John-Mark Bell jmb202 at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Dec 23 21:28:12 GMT 2005

On Fri, 23 Dec 2005, Paul Vigay wrote:

> In article <4dddec080fgary at locock.co.uk>,
>   Gary Locock <gary at locock.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Intermittently NS takes a long time to load here, too, about half a
>> minute. It seems to be related to whether Oregano2 has also been run,
>> (i.e. less likely to happen if O2 already loaded), but I haven't really
>> been able to work out the connection, if any. It doesn't automatically
>> happen if O2 has no been run either; very confusing.  The bookmarks list
>> is longer than your 40.

Any relationship between the two is highly likely to be coincidental. More
likely is a sizeable URL or History file causing NetSurf to take a long
time loading (or, depending upon your setup, rescanning of installed fonts
by RUfl - note that a full rescan only occurs if the RUfl_cache file is
deleted)

> Are you referring to loading NS, or time taken to fetch pages? I'm
> wondering if there's a subtle problem with the resolver module somewhere,
> as NS and O2 both rely on it (I presume?).

Nope. NetSurf doen't use the Resolver module.

John.