[Netsurf-develop] Re: Images not rendered - not supported

John-Mark Bell jmb202 at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Oct 7 13:54:26 BST 2004

Firstly, please snip appropriately and quote correctly. Thanks.

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004, glavallin wrote:

[snip unnecessary digest information and insert correct attributions]

> Michael Drake wrote:
> > In article <694480f94c.glavallin at g/lavallin.ntlworld.com>,
> >    glavallin <g.lavallin at ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
> > > http://www.ginoyacht.com/Brokerage.aspx then imput a reference just
> > > to the left of the GO button e.g. g20183 then data is displayed but
> > > no images shown - are they JFIF/EXIF ex Photoshop. Such images do
> > > not appear on the todo list though I hope support can be added
> >
> > NetSurf can handle the images.  The server is sending the wrong
> > content type header.  (It's saying it's HTML, not a JPEG.)
> >
> > If you go to http://www.ginoyacht.com/YachtData.ashx?id=309&index=0&
> > in NetSurf and save source, you can set the file type to "JPEG" and
> > NetSurf will load it as an image.
>
> Of the available browsers I have here ( Fresco,WebsterXL,Netsurf (latest)
> and Oregano2(demo) Its only the oldest (Fresco) that is capable of viewing
>  this site at all. It does render images eventhough the site is saying
>  their HTML. It looks like some functionality is being lost in modern
>  browsers (Risc os). Its a pity that Netsurf cannot regain this lost ground.

What you're effectively asking for is a work around for the site not being
standards compliant. Such things are unlikely to be high priority for the
foreseeable future.

As for "cannot regain this lost ground", have you looked at the source
code and determined this to be the case?

John.

PS. Apologies if this breaks threading. It appears I can't spell
"sourceforge" correctly.