[Netsurf-develop] Doesn't like Google Groups

Philip Pemberton philpem at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Jul 14 08:32:21 BST 2003

In message <Pine.LNX.4.44.0307132153590.7212-100000 at tarrant.ecs.soton.ac.uk>
          John M Bell <jmb202 at ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:

> Time for Phil to fix the gif loader methinks ;)
I would if the GIF file format (and by definition LZW) wasn't Pure Evil. Not
even PNG is as bad as GIF. Sub-blocks? With a maximum size of 255 bytes? What
were Compuserve's programmers thinking???
At the moment, I'm waiting for either "simon @ bigblue [dot] demon [dot] co
[dot] uk" or Stewart Brodie to email me a copy of the "GIFStream" decoder
that Arcweb uses.

Let me make it perfectly clear that MY CODE IS BUG FREE! Libungif (the
decoder my code uses) is absolutely full of bugs.

Later.
--
Phil.                              | Acorn Risc PC600 Mk3, SA202, 64MB, 6GB,
philpem at dsl.pipex.com              | video mods, 10BaseT (i3 EtherLAN600),