[Netsurf-develop] A few of problems

James Bursa bursa at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jan 2 17:53:51 GMT 2003

In message <654e95ae4b.riscos at myrealbox.com>
          Andrew Duffell <andrew at banners.iconbar.com> wrote:

> 1) Go to http://banners.iconbar.com/  in NetSurf.  Put input focus into
> password feild and type (should this appear as dashes??). Now click on "View
> all banners".  The view all banners page may load fine or it may have the
> text box from the previous page still displayed (it only sometimes does it.)
> See http://banners.iconbar.com/textbox.png for a screenshot.

Forms aren't finished. I think that the iconbar.com problem is also form
related.

> 2) Go to http://www.drobe.co.uk/ in NetSurf.  Eeeek! looks a bit dodgy to me
> with overlapping table cells

Yeah, I noticed this one ;->.

The problem is that the column has a fixed width, but one line doesn't fit
into that width. I guess the best solution is to ignore the given width in
these cases, but it will slow things down because the minimum widths will
have to be calculated.

> 3) I keep having problems with NetSurf saying This is not HTML when following
> links that should work fine.  e.g
> http://banners.iconbar.com/banner.php?action=redirect

$ lynx -dump -head http://banners.iconbar.com/banner.php?action=redirect
HTTP/1.1 302 Found