[Netsurf-develop] How do you get Netsurf working?

Stuart Halliday stuart at cybervillage.co.uk
Mon Feb 24 19:43:54 GMT 2003

In message <200302241808.43580 at jbursa.oriel.ox.ac.uk>
          James Bursa <bursa at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> On Sunday 23 February 2003 21:35, James Bursa wrote:
> > That build has new fetching code which doesn't work at the moment. Please
> > see the list archive at http://sf.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_id=9009
> > for more details.
>
> These problems should be fixed in today's build, at
> http://netsurf.strcprstskrzkrk.co.uk/ as usual. Please let me know if you
> have problems accessing http urls using it.

I can't fetch http://www.riscos.com/ with this version.
It just seems to hang with the desktop frozen until I do a ALT-BREAK.

http://www.cnn.com/ just gives this:

1cd3c9
class="cnnMainPage">

I'm using SA RiscPC. RISC OS 4.29
Wimpslot 28MB.

stderr file is outputting quite a bit.

> The fix was a new version of libcurl. I've put an updated library to link
> with in the developers directory.

I am right in thinking that we don't need to download any other files other
than 20030224_1745/zip to make it work?

BTW, I see in the !Run file there is a line:
RMEnsure UtilityModule 3.70 RMensure CallASWI 0.00 RMload <NetSurf$Dir>.
CallASWI
But there is _no_ CallASWI program in !NetSurf. :-)

--
Stuart Halliday
Webmaster of the Acorn Cybervillage