[Netsurf-develop] Thoughts and planning

James Bursa bursa at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jul 31 20:59:16 BST 2002

In message <62edc55e4b%phil at mellor123.freeuk.com> you wrote:

> It *almost* works.  Everything compiles OK (with enough warnings
> suppressed), but linking is a bit of a problem.
>
> ARM Linker: (Error) Undefined symbol(s).
> ARM Linker:     __assert, referred to from render.o.box.
> [...]
> ARM Linker:     vsnprintf, referred to from LIBXML:o.libxml(o).
> ARM Linker: Errors in link, no output generated.
> ARM Linker: finished,  12 informational, 0 warning and 1 error messages.
>
> Similar errors were thrown up when linking with libcurl too.
> I guess I need a more recent version of UnixLib.  I'll have a look
> on riscos.info.
>
> What are you using to produce libxml and libcurl with?

I'm cross-compiling them with gcc and unixlib. Unixlib is now packaged with
gcc, so it's in one of the archives at
<ftp://ftp.hard-mofo.dsvr.net/pub/gcc/gcc-2.95.4-release-1/>, but I've put
just the library file up where I put the other libraries to make it a
smaller download. Hopefully that should fix those link errors.

James