[Netsurf-develop] Putting error logs in RAM disk

John M Bell jmb202 at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Dec 30 23:47:23 GMT 2002

Hi there,

Due to the noise of my HDD annoying me whilst using NetSurf, I've written
a short Obey file to automatically set the CSD to the RAM disk when
Netsurf is run.

I've added a line in the run file after Wimpslot -min 1600k:

<NetSurf$Dir>.setdir

The obey file setdir is as follows:

IfThere RAM::0.$ Then  Else ChangeDynamicArea -RamFSSize 2048K
IfThere RAM::0.$.NSLogs Then Wipe RAM::0.$.NSLogs.* ~C F ~R ~V Else CDir
RAM::0.$.NSLogs
Dir RAM::0.$.NSLogs

That should be three lines long. The lines should start as follows:

IfThere...
IfThere...
Dir...

I hope someone finds this useful ;P