Persistant disc cache

Vincent Sanders vince at netsurf-browser.org
Mon Jun 9 20:58:33 BST 2014

On Mon, Jun 09, 2014 at 06:32:47PM +0100, Steve Fryatt wrote:
> On 9 Jun, Vincent Sanders wrote in message
>     <20140609122032.GP27671 at kyllikki.org>:
>
> > On Sun, Jun 08, 2014 at 05:45:17PM +0100, Steve Fryatt wrote:
> >
> > Indeed, although disc_cache_age is not implemented right now, there is
> > provision within the new system to allow for it. It will mean objects that
> > have not been used older than this value will be discarded preventing the
> > disc cache from filling with old files no longer used. This is in addition
> > to them being discarded when the cache size limit is exceeded.
>
> Would I be best removing the option from the front-end for now?

Well I intend to get round to it sometime this week and I fixed it in
the gtk gui so if it is there it will be useful very soon.

> [snip]
>
> > > I don't know if this upsets the underlying cache, but I've limited the
> > > RISC OS GUI to 2047MB for now.
> >
> > Underlying cache does calculations in size_t (unsigned 32bit on RISC OS)
> > so should be fine.
>
> It was more that it started creating negative sizes in the GUI.  Although on
> reflection that will need fixing in the GUI code, anyway.

Ah, well I fixed it in the options code and amiga and gtk frontends,
cannot do the same with RISC OS though.

Are you wanting me to merge your branch as is then?

--
Regards Vincent
http://www.kyllikki.org/