New textareas and text inputs

Michael Drake tlsa at netsurf-browser.org
Fri Feb 22 16:30:25 GMT 2013

In article
<OUT-512279AE.MD-1.4.17.chris.young at unsatisfactorysoftware.co.uk>,
   Chris Young <chris.young at unsatisfactorysoftware.co.uk> wrote:

> I think I've tracked this down to a bug (or "implementation feature",
> perhaps) in OS4's newlib realloc() function.

> If I allocate 10MB of memory in 64 byte chunks using realloc(), around
> 400MB of RAM gets eaten up, rather than the expected 10MB.

Does it behave any better now?  I've increased the step size.

In other news, the Amiga ami_file_save_req() behaviour needs attention,
because browser_window_get_selection() now returns a pointer to a char *
string that the client must free, rather than the old textplain/html
struct selection object.

I've already fixed up the obvious stuff.

--

Michael Drake (tlsa)                  http://www.netsurf-browser.org/