libhubbub parse error on google homepage

Dean Mao deanmao at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 14:11:37 BST 2012

The reason perl is not available is not due to it being on the file system
or not etc -- node-gyp was engineered for the purposes of cross-platform
compilation, so that nodejs native extensions would be easily compiled on
windows platforms as well.  I'm not about to re-engineer node-gyp as it is
not my project, the nodejs core are the ones who maintain it.  node-gyp
isn't perfect, but it's a big improvement over what was available at the
time.

I'm merely trying to create something that is easy for people to use.  I
understand from your perspective that if people have trouble, it may be
difficult to pin-point the version of code used, but I prefer ease of
installation for developers in this case.

You guys won't have to make any guarantees about compilation or runtime
here as I'll take it on my own to get things working for users should they
have questions, however I doubt this would be the case as there are very
few nodejs developers compared to other languages, and it's pretty unlikely
that many would use my library over the numerous html parsing libraries
already available for nodejs. I would be very surprised if more than 20
developers use this library.