r13410 tlsa - in /trunk/libcss: src/parse/important.c test/data/parse/colours.dat

Chris Young chris.young at unsatisfactorysoftware.co.uk
Sat Jan 28 21:06:57 GMT 2012

On Sat, 28 Jan 2012 10:50:20 +0000, John-Mark Bell wrote:

> On Sat, 2012-01-28 at 08:55 +0000, Chris Young wrote:
> > I'm not sure if it is this change (don't see how this would cause such
> > a problem), but I just updated libcss with the last couple of
> > revisions and now NetSurf doesn't seem to be parsing CSS properly.
> >
> > eg. on www.amigans.net there is loads of stuff in the left-hand
> > column, which should be hidden (overprinting the content which should
> > be there).  On www.bbc.co.uk the situation is worse, with the CSS not
> > appearing to have been parsed at all.
>
> Both of these sites are fine here with the most recent libcss. I'm
> somewhat surprised things appear to be broken, as we've really not
> changed much in this area for a very long time.

That's what I thought.  Anyway, I've tracked down the problem - the
"-N" I asked you to add has a side-effect I wasn't aware of.  I
thought I'd built libcss again since that was added, but obviously I
hadn't.  Needless to say, if I remove it, libcss behaves correctly
again (but libwapcaplet becomes 68K instead of 6K :( )

Please can you take that option back out of LDFLAGS in the core
library buildsystem, thanks.

Chris