r12828 jmb - in /trunk/netsurf: amiga/ atari/ beos/ cocoa/ desktop/ framebuffer/ gtk/ monkey/ render/ riscos/ windows/

Chris Young chris.young at unsatisfactorysoftware.co.uk
Thu Sep 22 17:47:05 BST 2011

On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 08:26:14 +0100, Daniel Silverstone wrote:

> > > Author: jmb
> > > Remove gui_multitask
> > Any reason for this change?
>
> Yes -- gui_multitask was the source of a significant amount of pain in the
> core.  We have been saying "We should remove gui_multitask and make the core
> cope better" for years now.  John Mark finally took the plunge and did it to
> force our hand.

Thanks for the explanation, I do vaguely recall a mention of this now.

Can we get rid of gui_poll() with the active flag as well?  I don't
like the polling for events that forces the frontend to do.  I doubt
it is practical without multi-threading everything though, and I'm
not sure if this is possible on all target platforms.

Chris