r12828 jmb - in /trunk/netsurf: amiga/ atari/ beos/ cocoa/ desktop/ framebuffer/ gtk/ monkey/ render/ riscos/ windows/

Daniel Silverstone dsilvers at netsurf-browser.org
Thu Sep 22 08:26:14 BST 2011

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 07:51:48PM +0100, Chris Young wrote:
> > Author: jmb
> > Remove gui_multitask
> Any reason for this change?

Yes -- gui_multitask was the source of a significant amount of pain in the
core.  We have been saying "We should remove gui_multitask and make the core
cope better" for years now.  John Mark finally took the plunge and did it to
force our hand.

> It seems to have made NetSurf noticeably less responsive to input ...
[snip]

Yes, and we need to actually start to organise how to deal with this properly.
Perhaps it'll be the focus of the hack weekend if we can ever get that
organised :-)

D.

--
Daniel Silverstone                       http://www.netsurf-browser.org/
PGP mail accepted and encouraged.            Key Id: 3CCE BABE 206C 3B69