Save complete crash

John-Mark Bell jmb at netsurf-browser.org
Fri Sep 2 21:32:05 BST 2011

On Fri, 2011-09-02 at 20:49 +0100, John-Mark Bell wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-09-02 at 18:37 +0100, Chris Young wrote:
> > I've tried Save Complete a couple of times recently and it always
> > crashes in lwc_calculate_lcase_hash()
> >
> > Looking at the stack trace (attached) there is a possibility that my
> > regexec() function is the problem, but I don't have time to
> > investigate currently so I thought I'd throw it out there first to see
> > if it can be reproduced elsewhere.
>
> I'd be more concerned that regexec is in that stack trace at all.
> Neither libwapcaplet nor NetSurf's content handling use it.

This:

COMPILE: amiga/save_complete.c
amiga/save_complete.c: In function 'save_complete_gui_save':
amiga/save_complete.c:46: warning: passing argument 1 of 'content_factory_type_from_mime_type' from incompatible pointer type

leads me to:

        content_type type = content_factory_type_from_mime_type(
                        lwc_string_data(mime_type));

which is likely your problem -- content_factory_type_from_mime_type
takes an lwc_string *, whereas you're giving it a pointer to the raw
data contained within a lwc_string.

J.