Cocoa frontend for netsurf

Sven Weidauer sven.weidauer at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 09:47:41 GMT 2011

So, I'm finally done with the Cocoa frontend (for now). Still a billion things that could be done and improved, but it works.

To prepare for building the following dependencies need to be installed in this order:

- pkg-config (best via macports, fink or homebrew)
- libjpeg (from http://www.ijg.org/, compile/install with ./configure; make; sudo make install)
- libnsbmp, libnsgif, libwapcaplet, libparseutils, libcss, hubbub (make ; sudo make install)

Those libraries should be installed with a prefix of '/usr/local'.

Then the browser can be built using the cocoa/NetSurf.xcodeproj project file. Works on 10.5 and 10.6. 10.4 isn't supported, since I use some 10.5 APIs.