Building the amiga frontend for AmigaOS 3

Chris Young chris.young at unsatisfactorysoftware.co.uk
Fri Jan 7 18:12:16 GMT 2011

On Fri, 07 Jan 2011 14:04:07 +0200, Bernd Roesch wrote:

> netsurf use MUI 4 GUI but because OWB and netsurf GUI is in part the
> same, and OS4 MUI API is same
> as OS3  MUI API , and OWB MUI from MOS is port to OS4, this maybe
> help also netsurf MUI GUI.

There is no relationship between OWB and NetSurf GUIs whatsoever, they
just happen to look similar.

> But Chris want his reaction and this is only here for 68k

MUI is not supported on OS4, ie. no updates.  It's fine for
MOS/AROS/AOS cross-ported stuff, but it doesn't inherit the OS4 GUI
look so I wouldn't touch it for new native OS4 software.

Anyway, this discussion was about OS3, not AROS, and Reaction on OS3
is fine for NetSurf and much more trivial to fix than recoding to use
MUI.

> there is class act, it is free but i dont know if netsurf OS4 can
> work with this.

No idea.  I imagine anybody planning to run NetSurf on OS3 has at
least OS3.5 anyway.

Chris