Atari Patch

John-Mark Bell jmb at netsurf-browser.org
Mon Jan 3 21:31:58 GMT 2011

On Mon, 2011-01-03 at 21:53 +0100, m0n0 wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  this is the output of "svn diff" (agains rev. 11188) - is that enough
>  for patching?

That's fine, thanks.

>  Probably my patch gets rejected for several reasons, but this is more a
>  test, so I can provide an corrected patch the next time :)

I've no major objection to it. Platform-specific code is down to you, as
the maintainer. If you're happy with it, then I am.

One licensing issue: atari/scancode.h is declared as being
"Copyright (c)  Heimsoeth & Borland  1988", but without details of how
that code is licensed. At the very least, we need to ensure that
whatever licence it uses is compatible with GPLv2. Can you provide more
details about where that header came from?

As far as the core changes are concerned, it's mostly fine. You have
this twice:

+#ifdef __MINT__
+ #ifndef ceilf
+  #define ceilf(x) (float)ceil((double)x)
+ #endif
+ #undef min
+ #define min(a,b) ((a)<(b)?(a):(b))
+ #undef max
+ #define max(a,b) ((a)>(b)?(a):(b))
+#endif

Firstly, the definition of ceilf can be moved to utils.h, so we can
avoid duplicate code. See the beos/haiku-specific definition of strtof
for an example.

Secondly, I don't understand why you've redefined min/max -- they're
defined identically to this in utils.h

>  This patch adds support for the Atari OS. It misses several features
>  especially an off-screen renderer and the treeview Windows like hotlist,
>  history & SSL Cert info.

Fine. As you've noted, other frontends don't support these yet, either.

>  It isn't compatible with planar based graphics cards (planar video
>  memory systems are not so unusually with Atari Systems, but this port is
>  not written with the "Low-Fi" Atari-machines in mind), - at least not
>  when bitmaps are enabled.

Ok.

>  There is still a lot to do, but I think adding it to the SVN will be an
>  good help for me... and when looking at the windows version, I believe
>  you don't have to fully support all the features that NetSurf
>  implements.

Yup. If you want SVN write access, email me off-list with the username
you want.

> I added my name at the top of all files within folder atari
> (copyright message) even If I just did minimal changes to files from
> other versions ( like plot.c, freetype.c).
> This just happened, I didn't wanted to hijack anyones work. So please
> don't be to critical about that, If this should be changed - no
> problem :)

If you've made substantive changes, then you should add your details to
the licence header. Otherwise, it's best left alone.

J.