Porting Netsurf on Montavista 4 embedded linux

John-Mark Bell jmb at netsurf-browser.org
Fri Feb 25 18:48:29 GMT 2011

On Fri, 2011-02-25 at 14:34 +0100, François Revol wrote:
> Le 25 févr. 2011 à 08:53, m0n0 a écrit :
>
> > After compiling & installing libnsfb (and all the other netsurf
> libs:
> > wapcaplet, parserutils, libcss, hubbub, nsbmp, nsgif) you should be
> able
> > to enter:
> >
> > make TARGET=framebuffer
>
> IMO we should revamp the top-level makefile to handle it all.
> It currently only supports gtk, riscos and beos as targets, but it
> shouldn't be too hard to add others (and clean too !).

The problem with this is that it's hardly ever used, which means it's
very frequently out of date for long periods of time. Case in point: I
fixed it yesterday for gtk and riscos which weren't building libcss.
We've required libcss for almsot 2 years now.

Additionally, it's no use for tracking build dependencies between the
libraries and NetSurf itself, which makes it less useful than it could
be.

J.