Thanks for libCSS!

James Montgomerie jamie at th.ingsmadeoutofotherthin.gs
Tue Aug 23 11:47:37 BST 2011

Hello,

Just wanted to send an email of appreciation - I'm using libCSS (with a modified libwapcaplet and libparserutils) in my ebook rendering library "libEucalyptus".  As an indie developer, it's really what's made it plausible for me to create something that can render CSS, so I'm really grateful.

It's now used in its first commercial product, K-NFB's "Blio" book reading app (http://blog.th.ingsmadeoutofotherthin.gs/introducing-blio-with-eucalyptus-inside).  In this product, the books can be ePub XHTML, or a proprietary XML format based on XAML.  libEucalyptus uses libCSS to style both (with rendering done by my own code).

I which I could contribute more back to libCSS, but it's generally done everything I've asked of it with no modifications necessary.  The one area I've changed it is to add handling for the page-break properties (important for book rendering) - I'll have a patch sent to the list for that shortly.

As I said, I've also implemented a modified libwapcaplet.  It's backed by iOS-native strings to allow easier interoperation with the rest of my code (by the way, it's great that libwapcaplet is factored out of libCSS like this - made this very easy to do) but I  imagine that's not something that would be all that useful to others?

Thanks again!
Jamie.