[PATCH][RFC] Gopher support
james at netsurf-browser.org
Fri Apr 29 00:31:56 BST 2011
On Wed, 27 Apr 2011 18:01:34 +0200
François Revol <revol at free.fr> wrote:
> I just created a branch for that:
> Feel free to test.
I tested it on Linux with GTK. Works well! I also looked at the code and
have some suggestions.
1. My compiler had some warnings that need fixes:
render/gopher.c: In function ‘html_escape_string’:
render/gopher.c:87: warning: unused variable ‘title_length’
render/gopher.c:86: warning: unused variable ‘title’
render/gopher.c: In function ‘gopher_convert’:
render/gopher.c:647: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from
pointer target type
render/gopher.c:664: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘gen_nice_title’
discards qualifiers from pointer target type
render/gopher.c:127: note: expected ‘char *’ but argument is of type
‘const char *’
2. When going to gopher://gopher.floodgap.com/1/, there are two warnings
warning: underminated gopher item '.'
warning: unknown gopher item type 0x2e '.'
Please change these and the other fprintf to use the LOG macro.
3. Any reason I and Adrian are in the copyrights at the start of
gopher.c? Was some code copied from elsewhere?
4. Many of the #includes in gopher.c can be removed. E.g. everything
desktop/ except options.h
5. gopher_create() and gopher_convert() would be better at the top to
be consistent with the other content implementations.
With these fixed I think it's good to merge.
More information about the netsurf-dev