Proof of concept gopher support

François Revol revol at free.fr
Sat Apr 23 11:48:33 BST 2011

Le 22 avr. 2011 à 21:49, François Revol a écrit :

> Hi,
> I started writing some gopher support code out of boredom...

Actually, after much discussion on IRC, I wrote a fake renderer that just changes its own content type to html after converting it, like the old plaintext one did some time ago.
It works surprisingly well.
I just managed to build the code on OSX too:
http://revolf.free.fr/osx/shots/shot_osx_netsurf_gopher_006.png
Search items propose a form with an unnamed text field, which ends up sending ?=query to the servers but they seem to just disregard the = so it's ok for a start.
I added inlining of image items, but that should probably be left as an option as it can take quite some time to load them all, and I don't think any client does it currently.

I shall post the diff after some cleanup and adding the missing html escaping.

François.